Monday, October 5, 2009

7112 NGK D8HA


Ok, so a few days ago I called a local motorcycle repair place. I was hoping to get pricing on a replacement battery for the Platypus. (That's what I'm calling the thing) Long story short he can't find a supplier who has the batteries. But during the course of the conversation he tells me that this Honda model CA95 is the bike that got him hooked on motorcycling. I plan on swinging by his shop once I get it running. Before he got off the phone he gave me some advice to protect the engine in case it's seized:



1. take out the spark plugs
2. squirt some penetrating oil in the cylinders
3. put in 4th gear
4. move the rear wheel by hand.

The instructions were good and I followed them. The part that was memorable to me was that Jim sounded deeply concerned. He sounded as if I was not working on my bike but the bike of his youth. As if I was operating on his memory. It was truly sweet and I am glad to have such helpful concern directed my way.

Later that night I went looking for spark plugs. Advance Auto Parts has a great staff here in Carbondale. The guys looked up the bike and were able to order a new set of NGK 7112's. The originals were NGK D8HA's but it looks like they were replaced. I double checked online and it seems legit. $2 a plug sounds fair to me. They should be in tomorrow. One more day closer to getting it going.

No comments:

Post a Comment